Cable Handling and Storage
23 Degrees have undertaken a number of cable handling and storage related works, in collaboration with our sister company Reclaim Subsea Ltd (RSL) www.reclaimsubsea.co.uk
23 Degrees and RSL were appointed by Orsted to undertake the relocation of the cable storage facility located on Cavendish Dock in Barrow-in-Furness. 23 Degrees provided a turnkey solution to Orsted covering preparation of RAMS, setup of site facility, management of all key site operations, and the removal and disposal of a number of items, including scrap cable for reprocessing.
In total 23 Degrees were tasked with moving:
- 18 x cable drums varying in weight from circa 5t to circa 38t
- 1 x cable drums located on under roller approx. 200t
- 1 x 200t cable under roller
- Various ancillary items including lifting tackle, hydraulic power packs, and towers.
- Removal from site – cable drum 15, and approximately 300m of scrapped / chopped OFTO export cable.
23 Degrees have carried out various port analyses throughout the UK with a view to setting up a permanent cable storage and handling facility, with deep water quayside access and both internal and external cable storage. A full turnkey and permanent facility are currently being investigated with a number of partner companies within the supply chain to setup a permanent cable storage facility.